A tool to calculate the Heisenberg couplings in FeIII(μ2+n-O)FeIII systems
Since FeIII represent a quasi spin-only state, magnetic interactions between these cations can be described by a Heisenberg-Hamiltonian. Using the angular overlap model (AOM), Weihe and Güdel  proposed in 1997 a semi-empirical formula for singly oxo-briged FeIII dimers. In 2001 Werner et al.  investigated singly and multiply oxo-briged FeIII dimers in a different span of core-ligand distances and coordination angles.
wxJFinder combines the research of  and  by assuming the AOM and taking into account the experimental data presented in these works, thus providing access to many different coordination geometries in oxo-brigded FeIII systems.
Features (wxJFinder 1.1):
- calculation of Heisenberg coupling constants J (in '-2J' notation) for FeIII(μ2+n-O)FeIII systems
- code written in C++, usage of wxWidgets  to create a cross-platform GUI and OpenGL  to display full 3D views of the compound
- import of stuctures in XMol's xyz format 
- export of results as plain text, ISODOR , or POV-Ray files 
- easy examination of the 3D structure of the compound by mouse
For more information, please feel free to contact wxJFinder@ac.rwth-aachen.de
 H. Weihe, H. U. Güdel, Journal of the American Chemical Society 1997, 119 (28), 6539 - 6543, DOI 10.1021/ja970320r.
 R. Werner, S. Ostrovsky, K. Griesar, W. Haase, Inorganica Chimica Acta 2001, 326 (1), 78 - 88, DOI 10.1016/S0020-1693(01)00604-1.
 J. Smart, et al., wxWidgets 2.9.3, http://wxwidgets.org/, 2012.
 OpenGL 4.2, Khronos Group, http://www.opengl.org/, Beaverton, Oregon, USA, 2011.
 XMol 1.3, Minnesota Supercomputer Center, Inc., Minneapolis, USA, 1993.
 H. Schilder, ISODOR, RWTH Aachen, Aachen, Deutschland, 2011.
 Persistence Of Vision Raytracer 3.6.2, Persistence of Vision Pty. Ltd., http://www.povray.org/, Williamstown, Victoria, Australia, 2009.